Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Boys' Room

Okay, a couple of weeks ago, I wrote how I will be showing you all how we are making our small house work for our Table For Six sized family.  We have been making some improvement in our use of space.  Some changes are larger than others.  I am beginning with one of our first changes.  It was fairly simple; however, the change was noticeable.  Well, it was noticeable to us!

Our first project was in the boys' room.  Cramming two boys in a rather small space was quite a feat!  We had to get a mini/micro crib to make it work for the time being.  And then we had to shuffle furniture around.  However, we still needed more storage room.  What we had just wasn't cutting it anymore!  So we bought more furniture and shuffled more furniture around.



Here are the before pictures.  As you can see, it is quite a tight space.  The changing table used to be where the mini crib is, but we had to move Big Mac in so things got moved around.  Although the changing table was in front of the window, I assure you that Big Mac was safe, and was never in risk of falling out of the window.  For the most part, the window had been closed; however, on the few occasions that it was opened during the summer, it was barely opened, and we used the locking safety devices that the window had, and it would absolutely remain barely open at all times.  It was locked in place.  May be only a Barbie could sneak through on her belly!  Anyways, the changing table and their tiny closet was all they had to store both sets of their clothes!  So things had to change! (Also, just so you don't think that my walls are smudged or notice any other odd things, I kind of photo shopped a few things out of my photos that were identifiers.)




So we moved the changing table out of the room completely because it was broken anyways and did not provide much storage.  Now, I pull out a changing mat, and I change Big Mac on the floor rather than on a changing table, which in the end is okay now, because he has become such a wiggle worm while I dress him and change his diapers!

The toy chest now sits in front of the window where the changing table used to be located.  I feel like that change just simply opened up the room more.  The toy chest used to be where the boys' brand new dresser now sits.  I can't tell you how excited I was to put the boys clothes away where I had plenty of drawer space!  I don't have to hang up as many of their clothes in their closet anymore!  Just a few more drawers has been so helpful!

The boys' room is very small, but they enjoy playing in their room anyways!  The corner between the crib and window is still wasted space that I have to figure out.  I will post about that when I have a solution for it.  We are also already planning for when the boys get a little bit older and need larger beds.  We hope to move before then; but life happens, so we are planning for the what-ifs. 

And of course, if we are still here in this house when the boys need larger beds, I will be sure to post a picture of how we do it!

Now this is just a small change!  I can't wait to show you what we did in the girls' room to provide more storage, space, and even little desks!  I will post some pictures of that soon!  And we still have more plans ahead!

Be blessed by what y'all have, and what God has provided you!  Make things work!  Sometimes things in life shouldn't be about the bigger, and what we believe, to be the better things!  It is all about perspective!

Be on the look out for my next post!


No comments:

Post a Comment