Thursday, September 26, 2013

Phase One of Operation Girls' Room: Storage

 
Okay, so I showed you all what we did in the boys' bedroom.  Now it is time for me to start sharing about what we did in the girls' room.   I will do it in stages, however, for sake of time on my part; and that is pretty much how we worked in their room as well!
 
 
 
 
So let's begin with the girls' storage... or the lack there of!  Besides for their really cool closet storage and organization, the girls pretty much only had one other way to store their clothes.
 
 
And that one other means of storing their clothes was of this tiny piece of furniture we called the little cupboard!  Each girl got two plastic drawers, and then one drawer each from the actual piece of furniture itself.  You can probably imagine that with two little girls, and the accessories that so many girls have and own, this was NOT at all sufficient!  Something needed to change like something fierce! 





As we started school and Fall clothes shopping we needed to come up with a solution as we were exploring what our possibilities were; so Scot bought plastic storage bins with wheels to place under their beds!  This was such an awesome idea as well as functional!  In fact, I fit so many clothes in there, and there was, and still is, so much room to spare!

I can't wait to show you what else we have been working on, but I will save it for another time as I have to make dinner; but the BEST part is yet to come! 

With that said though, I thought I would show you what we did with the girls' plastic drawers.  Remember Little Man's play area that I had to create in a flash due to need, demand, and time? 


I had mentioned that I had plans to improve this play area especially when it came to storage.  I was going to use my host credits from a party to pay for the organizers needed; however, like in true "Host Becca" form, my sales were a bust!  (FYI--I have decided to NEVER host a party of any kind ever again, because the results are almost always the same for me: no body comes or buys anything.)  Due to dismal sales, I had not one single host credit.  Not one single one.  So I needed another solution, for which my husband came up with.


The plastic drawers from the girls room found a new home in Little Man's play station!  We were able to do so, because the little cabinet is no longer in the girls' room!  Yep, you have to wait and see what we did in their room!  In the meantime, I love how much more organized Little Man's play area looks, and how accessible Little Man's toys are to him now! (Again, ignore the air purifier in the corner.)

It's all about using what you have sometimes for "a make it work" moment! 

Be on the look out for the biggest and coolest change thus far! 

Take care everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment